think_different_apple-wide

Apple’s Market Share Gone Down Last Quarter.

apple-logo1There are several rumours around making noise about the shortage of iPad mini where as Apple is going to lunch retina iPad mini next month. Not only rumour Apples current CEO Tim Cook has also given a hint about that.

Reportedly the problem is that Apple is not getting required no of display unit from its suppliers. For the timing LG Display and Sharp are the major supplier to Apple.  LG Display supplies around 60% of the display panels used in iPad mini, Sharp contribute the rest 40%. According to the Taiwan supply chain Sharp’s 7.9” Retina display got low production rate than usual that’s affecting the supply. So here the all problem begins. There is also reports that LGD supplies 60% of 9.7” retina display for iPad Air and the rest is supplied by Samsung Display.

Other players in the display manufacturing industry like Innolux and AU Optronics have approached Apple but Apple prefers to wait rather than getting the display units from others. It seems there is no other way in front of Apple rather than waiting.

At the same time Apple is losing their market share in 3rd quarter 2013. In the previous quarter Apple has shipped 14.25 million units 9.7”  full sized and 7.9” mini tablets which constitutes 29.7% of tablets shipped in that quarter. But the numbers have definitely gone down compared to the 14.62 million units shipping in in previous to that quarter, which was 33.5% of market share. In the tablet section Samsung is their major rival, they are trying to catch up to apple being at the 2nd place. The rising android tablet in comparatively low price is also gaining popularity and certainly the biggest competitor for Apple. No matter they losing market share still have high margin and high hope. As always they stand up to their mark.

The following two tabs change content below.
A Stinky Gadget lover . Keep my Eyeballs ON , on each small happenings occurring in TechWorld. A Passionate learner , to grasp the latest development done in Gadgets and techworld.

Leave a Reply