Undoubtedly windows 10 is the best Operating system made by Microsoft. This has everything that an operating system should have. But if you are one of those who have upgraded to Windows 10 either from previous versions of Windows or from the Technical Preview of windows 10, you must be noticing a significant reduction of free space in your computer hard drive. If you own a machine that has some older HDDs or SSDs then 20GB of space does matter.
In this article I shall show you how you can get back some of your Hard drive’s space or may be all. Please follow the following steps to get back your space.
- Go to Start menu and type “Administrative Tools” - This will open up the Windows Administrative Tool from the Control Panel.
- Go ahead and select “Disk Cleanup” - This will launch the Disk Clean up System. Select “C” drive from the dropdown menu and hit OK.
Click on the “Clean up system files” button as shown in the above picture. You will then be displayed the following window.
On the above window select the options - “Previous Windows Installations” and “Temporary Windows Installation Files” and hit OK. Then you windows will clean those spaces for you and you shall get approximately 20GB of space. On my machine Including Recycle bin and Temporary file I got around 20.6GB of free space. You can avail and use this space for storing some Extra Data.
Hope this article helps you. If so then do comment and share.
Latest posts by TechRiff (see all)
- Finally GitHub has a self-paced training course in its List - 3 November, 2015
- Back Up WhatsApp Messages, Photos And Videos To Google Drive - 9 October, 2015
- How to Disable Auto Play in Facebook - 30 September, 2015